When I worked for Eventbrite, I frequently had the opportunity to show coworkers from San Francisco or Mendoza around Nashville. Realizing that we’d have out-of-town speakers for DevOpsDays, I thought I would share some of my recommendations for visitors. Fair warning that these are biased towards places near the Eventbrite office or near my house in East Nashville.
- BBQ at Peg Leg Porker (get the dry rub ribs) or Martin’s (try the brisket)
- Meat & 3 lunch at Arnolds
- Family-style southern dinner at Monell’s
- Hot Chicken anywhere (but I’m partial to Pepperfire)
- Biscuit sandwiches at Biscuit Love
- Ramen at Two Ten Jack
- Coffee snobbery at Barista Parlor
- Coffee practicality (and plenty of power and wifi) at Portland Brew
- Kombucha or tea at High Garden
- Ice cream at Jeni’s
- Doughnuts at 5 Daughters
- Bluegrass at Station Inn
- Music and beer at The 5 Spot
- Karaoke at Santa’s Pub
- Visiting one of our many breweries (Smith & Lentz and Bearded Iris top my list)
- Shopping at the Idea Hatchery or Fatherland Shoppes
- Watching the tourists on Broadway
If you want to know what’s happening around town, pick up a copy of the Nashville Scene. If you’re specifically interested in tech events, check out cal.nashvl.org and consider joining NashDev on Slack.
Here is another good list of recommendations from my friends at The Bikeshed.